1. 1 pound rump or sirloin steak, sliced thinly
2. 1 tablespoon cornflour(cornstarch)
3. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
4. 5 1/2 oz-6 oz(150g-200g) fresh snow peas
5. 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
6. 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
7. 1/2 teaspoon sugar
8. 2 teaspoons oil(olive oil)
9. 2 clove garlic, minced
10.1 teaspoon minced ginger
11.5 oz(150g)baby corn(optional)
12.1-2 red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced(optional)
1. Mix beef with cornflour and soy sauce.
2. Trim snow peas and blanch in boiling salted
water 1 minute until they turn bright green; drain and run under cold water.
3. Combine oyster sauce, sherry, and sugar in a bowl.
4. Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry a few seconds until fragrant.
5. Add beef and stir-fry until browned. Add oyster sauce mixture and restir until the beef all coated.
6. When it begins to boil. Add snow peas, baby corn(optional) and thinly sliced red pepper(optional) and stir-fry for 1 minute.