In China, noodles is another staple food after rice and dumplings. Of course there are plenty of choices out there for your convinces, but homemade noodles has always been my first choice. People usually think it is too difficult to make your own noodles, but I found it's quite opposite.Making your own noodles it's not only simple but also healthy as well. The only thing can possibly hold you back, I would say is the time. But invest a little time to your health, it is well worth it, plus there is so much fun to share with your family and kids if you invite them to join you.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- Sugars: 2.0g
- Dietary fiber: 2.0g
- Saturates: 0g
1. 1 egg;
2. 250g / 1/2lb plain flour(all purpose flour);
3. pinch of salt.
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, mix the egg into the flour and add enough water to make a stiff dough.
2. Knead the dough with your hands until it is firm and smooth. Then divide the dough into 4 or 6 smaller doughs.
3. On a floured surface, use the rolling pin to roll out one of the doughs into a pastry as thinly as possible.
4. Flour the pastry, roll up like a Swiss roll and cut into the width as your desire.
5. Separate the noodles with more flour and hang over the back of a chair (on a clean towel) for about 20 minutes to dry out.
6. Use the noodles to make noodle soup, stir fry noodles or crisp noodles as you wish.
If I could wish a wish for you, it would be for peace and happiness not only now, but for the whole year through!
I wish that there always be food on your table. And that you always remember those less fortunate. May you always take time to share, and thank those who share with you.
I wish for time, so you may reflect on the blessings that you have, and that you express your love to those who are dear to you.
May you never feel lonely, because there are those who care. That you realize: you are special, you are unique, you make a difference, not only at Christmas, but all year!
I wish for your thoughts to be positive ones, that you never quit, that you never give up, and that you continue to learn. I wish for the love, peace, and joy of Christmas
be yours always.